My very, very basic green soup can be made with any foraged greens. I like to use goat dairy and a bit of parmasan but for a vegan option you could omit these.
Gather up whatever greens you have available. The longer the walk the better so you don’t take too much from one spot. I like to include nettle, cleavers, Alexanders (need dicing very small or they’ll munch up your blender and be stringy), primrose leaves and a fuck tonne of ramsons.
You will also need:
- potato or some root vegetables for texture
- Veg or chicken stock
- A chilli or two if like me you like it hot.
- Salt and (lots of) pepper.
- Wash everything very thoroughly. I leave it all in a colander for a bit to let any minibeasts escape.
- In a big pan, heat the butter/oil and soften the onions and chilli.
- Finely dice any stalks and add them in with salt and pepper Cook through on a low heat until starting to soften up.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Dice any other veg and add them here.
- Simmer until veg is cooked through.
- Add any tougher leaves and cook until soft.
- Add soft leaves and cook until just wilted. This a good time to add any intention for yourself or loved ones you can read more on charming the pot here.
- Blend it all up. Season to taste.
- Serve with crusty bread.
So there you are. Its very basic and I don’t measure anything I just go by taste and texture. The freshness that comes through in this soup is incredibly invigorating. And it’s so good for you.
What recipes do you have? Have you tried this one? How did it go? Hit me up in the comments below.
Peace out witches ✌️
Love Kate xxx